Thank you for your interest in visiting the Collections Research Center at Mystic Seaport Museum. We look forward to welcoming visitors back to the CRC; however, your health and safety are our highest priority. New guidelines and procedures have been added to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for our guests and staff.
- Appointments are now required to visit the library and must be made at least 7 days in advance. Appointments can be made by filling out the online registration form, or calling 860-572-5367 during our open hours (listed below.)
- Visitors are now required to request materials through the online registration form. We will no longer pull material from the vault as needed. All materials must be requested prior to your visit. If you need assistance requesting material, please note that on the online form, email email@example.com, or call 860-572-5367 during our open hours. For additional assistance selecting ships plans or manuscripts, please click on these links to the finding aids.
- Only three (3) visitors will be allowed in the library at one time.
Visitors can select which day and block(s) of time they wish to research. The Library is open to the public:
- Wednesdays 2 pm-5 pm
- Thursdays 10 am-1 pm & 2 pm-5 pm
- Fridays 10 am-noon & 1 pm-3 pm
- The Library will be closed from 1:00-2:00 on Thursdays and 12:00-1:00 on Fridays. Visitors will be asked to leave the building during that time.
- Please do not plan to visit the library if you have not received an email from library staff confirming your appointment.
When visiting the Library and the Collections Research Center, we ask that you follow the same guidelines and regulations that are outlined and updated regularly on the Mystic Seaport Museum News page.
Additional required Guidelines
- Visitors who are not vaccinated are required to wear a CDC-approved face mask covering the nose and mouth at all times
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between staff and other visitors.
- We encourage you to bring your own laptop, tablet, phone, pencils and paper.
- Please reschedule your visit if you’re feeling unwell.
During your visit
When you arrive at the CRC front entrance, please dial 5367 on the phone in the foyer, or dial 860-572-5367 from your cell phone. A reference desk librarian will answer and let you into the building.