|Repository:||G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport|
|Creator:||A. Irving & Co. (Mystic, Conn.)|
|Title:||Records of A. Irving & Co.|
|Abstract:||The collection consists of two ledgers, a journal, and a materials daybook.|
A. Irving & Co. was a shipbuilding firm in Mystic, Connecticut. The business was composed of Alexander Irving and Robert Palmer Wilbur, and was established in 1853 as Maxson, Fish & Co. The business was later known as Maxson & Fish, Maxson and Irving (1874), and finally as A. Irving & Co. after Wilber retired from the sea and joined the firm in 1885. It was succeeded by the firm Irving & McGregor, under the partnership of Alexander Irving and James McGregor.
Restrictions on Access
Available for use in the Manuscripts Division.
Restrictions on Use
Various copying restriction apply. Guidelines are available from the Manuscripts Division.
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of the G. W. Blunt White Library. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons or places should search the catalog using these headings.
Wilbur, Robert Palmer, 1839-1913
A. Irving & Co. (Mystic, Conn.)
Coll. 22, Manuscript Collection, G. W. Blunt White Library, Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc.
The following section contains a detailed listing of materials in the collection.
|1||1||Journal; 1882-1884, 1890-1891|
|2||Materials daybook; 1883-1884, and 1891|
|3||Ledger; 1883, and 1895-1898|
|4||Ledger; 1883-1886, and 1895|